The Leach Easement

On December 26, 2007 Sheryl Leach and Howard Rosenfeld donated a 37.84 acre conservation easement to the Warren Land Trust. They had purchased the property, formally used as a farm and located at 66 Town Hill Rd. from the estate of Lille Byron who had purchased the land from Marion Wiseheart in 1945.

The Byron Farm as it was known bordered land owned by Frank Beran who at one point had owned most of the land along Town Hill Road between Route #45 and Angevine Road.

Mrs. Byron maintained the small farm with her son until her death in 2006.

Ms Leach and Mr. Rosenfeld purchased the property from the Byron estate and transformed it into a lovely, small, model farm, with a limited selection of gentle farm animals, which were used in a treatment program for people with specific brain ailments. Now the farm is being converted to experimental and natural farming purposes, which are expected to continue on the beautifully maintained land.